Jayco Adelaide provides the following Guarantee in relation to its 2nd hand Caravans and Motorhomes. Our goods and services come with
guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
• to cancel your service contract with us; and
• to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Jayco Adelaide guarantees that subject to the conditions, exclusions and limitations below, the major mechanical and electrical items of the used Caravan or Motorhome, as listed below, will not fail for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
If a defect covered by the Guarantee appears in the Caravan or Motorhome before the end of the Guarantee Period, Jayco Adelaide will, in its sole discretion:
• repair or replace the defective part of the Caravan or Motorhome; or
• cause the defective part of the Caravan or Motorhome to be replaced or repaired by a qualified repairer free of charge.
MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL ITEMS = PARTS COVERED EXTERNAL EQUIPMENT
• BODY LEAKS- (Water Ingress guarantee is not applicable when the caravan is 5 years and older) Water ingress through any permanently sealed seam or joint, being a part of the original manufacturer’s construction.
• BRAKING SYSTEMS- All mechanical linkage, backing plates, actuators, drums and shoes. (Exclusions: This Guarantee does not cover damage to brake drums, shoes/pads or any other faults caused through misuse of the braking system or replacement through normal wear & tear.)
• CHASSIS- All chassis members including outriggers.
• RUNNING GEAR- Axles, hubs, hub bearings, hub oil seals, road wheels (excluding tyres and tubes)
• SUSPENSION- Springs, hangers, shackle pins, bushes, shock absorbers and mouldings.
• TOWING MECHANISM- All mechanical components fitted to caravans (excluding electrics).
• AUXILIARY ELECTRICS- Main hook-up input connector, battery charger and distribution unit, interior lighting units (excluding bulbs and wiring).
• CASSETTE TOILET- The cassette toilet is covered (excluding seats, valves and glands).
• COOKER- The cooker unit including burners, grill, oven and flame failure device and igniter.
• FRIDGE- Door seal, condenser, gas control valve, gas igniter, flame failure device, 12 and 240v
selector switches, 12 and 240v heater elements, gas thermostat, 240v thermostat, 240v temperature control switch.
• HEATING/COOLING SYSTEM- Thermostat, motor, switches, control unit, gas heater, flame failure device, igniter, condenser unit (including ducting and fitting).
• WATER SYSTEM- Water heater (gas or electric) fresh water tank, waste water tank, water pump,
water gauges. If a part is no longer available, it will be Jayco Adelaide’s responsibility for the cost of the original failure only and not the cost of a replacement unit.
EXCLUSIONS = PARTS NOT COVERED
Tyres, batteries, gas bottles, glass, paint, ply and all similar trim and finish. Soft furnishings, carpets, floor coverings, work surfaces and all similar decor. Windows, window catches, stays and associated fittings. Adjustment of blinds, hinges, catches stays and doors. Replacement of bulbs, fluorescent tubes, fuses and electrical connections. “A” frame covers and wheel spats. Entertainment/communications systems and connected equipment, air conditioner re gassing.
Tyres, batteries, gas bottles, glass, paint, ply and all similar trim and finish. Soft furnishings, carpets, floor coverings, work surfaces and all similar decor. Windows, window catches, stays and associated fittings. Adjustment of blinds, hinges, catches stays and doors. Replacement of bulbs, fluorescent tubes, fuses and electrical connections. “A” frame covers and wheel spats. Entertainment/communications systems and connected equipment, air conditioner re gassing. Driveline components including any part of the engine, gearbox/transmission, differential, turbo charger, cooling system, braking system, braking system, electrical system, steering system, fuel system, clutch system, vehicle air conditioning, driveshaft & universals, engine computer, ABS system, ignition system, electronic ignition components, radiator, power window motors.
(only includes the habitable area of the motorhome and not any part of the cab chassis nor any items or parts with the drive line)
This Guarantee does not apply to:
1. Parts listed as specific exclusions, above;
2. Caravans and Motorhomes used for hire or reward or Caravans or Motorhomes used for any kind of timed competition or race;
3. Damage caused by neglect, accident, misuse, the intrusion of foreign or deleterious matter, lack of servicing, abuse or the continued use of the Caravan or Motorhome after a fault has become evident;
4. Customised or modified Caravans or Motorhomes including units sold “as traded” or if “guarantee exempt” is stated on the contract;
5. Defects existing at the time of delivery;
6. Parts of faulty manufacture or design;
7. Parts not recommended or fitted by the manufacturer unless agreed by Jayco Adelaide;
8. Parts incorrectly fitted;
9. Defects caused as a result of inadequate prior repairs;
10. Caravans or Motorhomes used other than for the purpose for which they were designed;
11. Defects that have arisen due to the customer’s failure to properly use and maintain the Caravan or Motorhome in accordance with Jayco Adelaide or the manufacturer’s instructions, recommendations and specifications;
12. Caravans and Motorhomes that have been subject to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar; or
13. Maintenance items including, but not limited to, the servicing, adjustment and cleaning of any parts, components or assemblies.
This Guarantee does not extend to:
1. Damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear;
2. Water damage caused by creek crossings, flooding and other similar conditions;
3. Damage or defects caused by excessive speed, hard impact or use of the Caravan or Motorhome in unsuitable 4WD or off-road applications;
4. Losses covered under an accidental damage or road risks Policy for any road hazard/fire or accident damage;
5. Corrosion; or
6. Third parties or bodily injury.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Guarantee cannot be transferred to another Caravan or Motorhome, or to a subsequent customer if the Caravan or Motorhome is sold by the original customer during the period of the Guarantee.
2. No liability under this Guarantee will be accepted for any claim notified to Jayco Adelaide more than 7 days after the relevant fault has become apparent.
3. No repairs, including the fitting of any replacement unit, may be undertaken or commenced under the Guarantee unless explicitly authorised by Jayco Adelaide in respect of agreed liability. No liability under this Guarantee will exist with regard to any claims not authorised in this way.
4. The Terms and Conditions of the document cannot be altered or amended by any person except by specific written endorsement by Jayco Adelaide.
5. Unless otherwise specified, Jayco Adelaide’s liability under the Guarantee shall not exceed the Manufacturer’s list of prices for parts necessarily incurred in repair of those items specifically described in this Document up to the maximum liability stated on the Proposal Form.
6. Jayco Adelaide reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Caravan or Motorhome with parts or components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
7. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished or reconditioned parts may be used to repair the goods.
8. The liability for parts under this Guarantee will be limited to the cost of these items.
9. Subject to clause 4 above, unless the repairs are carried out by the Jayco Adelaide or an authorised repairer or when evidence of acceptance of the claim is required the dealer may request the customer to settle the amount in full. The customer should then submit a claim to Jayco Adelaide for reimbursement.
1. Jayco Adelaide makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this Guarantee.
2. The repair or replacement of the defective part of the Caravan or Motorhome is the absolute limit of Jayco Adelaide’s liability under this express Guarantee.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
3. Keep this Guarantee safe. It may be required by Jayco Adelaide in the event of a claim.
4. Contact Jayco Adelaide Service Department, 108 Daws Rd Melrose Park SA 5039, Telephone: (08) 8293 1000, Email: Service@jaycoadelaide.com.au and quote the customer’s name and the relevant registration number.
5. Arrange agreed time for both parties for the customer to make the Caravan or Motorhome available for inspection and testing. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the Caravan or Motorhome, the customer must pay Jayco Adelaide the cost of service work, evaluation and testing. If such inspection finds a defect, Jayco Adelaide may nominate a repairer and the Caravan or Motorhome may be repaired on the spot or Jayco Adelaide may need to book another time for the work to be completed.
6. The customer must bear the cost of transport of the Caravan or Motorhome to and from Jayco Adelaide to make the claim and all insurance of the Caravan or Motorhome.
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
Any enquiry or complaint you may have regarding your Guarantee should be addressed to: The Service Manager
Jayco Adelaide 108 Daws Rd,
Melrose Park SA 5039
Please quote your Name & Rego number to help your enquiry to be dealt with speedily.
14 day Satisfaction Guarantee on 2nd Hand Caravan & Motorhomes
Subject to the conditions below, if you change your mind within 14 days following the purchase of your 2nd hand caravan or motorhome you are entitled to return the caravan or motorhome in exchange for the purchase of another caravan or motorhome to the equal or greater value. (“Offer”)
HOW TO TAKE UP THE OFFER
804-820 South Rd
Edwardstown SA 5045
Phone: (08) 8297 6664